Monday, August 3, 2009

Let the wild rumpus start....

I was reading Where the Wild Things Are to my 15mo old Jacob the other night and the line in the book "let the wild rumpus start" made me stop and laugh outloud. I think that our "wild rumpus" started 15 months ago when Jacob so quickly and wonderfully tumbled into our life. I keep thinking that life will settle down - normalize, and now I am comming to the conclusion that this is normal. Don't get me wrong....I absolutely love the chaos that is my life, it just takes me by surprise. I am a person who likes to know where life is going, to have a plan, to feel like I know what I am doing. And yet I am having the most fun of my life being unsure that anything I do is the "right" thing. And isn't that great. Being a parent is a wonderful, confusing, sweet, frustrating, tiring, energizing, fun job. It is full of dichotomy. I spend my days hoping that I have it all together and then laughing when I realize that I never do. It is a good place to be...it is a humbling place to be. So I will enjoy dancing with my "wild things". I may not know what I am doing or where I am going but let me tell you I wouldn't have it any other way. So here's hoping that you are all enjoying your own types of "wild rumpuses"

1 comment:

  1. life is a wild rumpus, and there are moments when i say roar your terrible roars and then there are also those moments when i say stop! what a great book to think of when things get wild!

    enjoy your wild things!

    ReplyDelete